Cindy was another lady in my group. I think I mentioned her earlier. She was a rich, trophy wife from Pheonix AZ. She had actually come out to Colorado for the holidays and ran out of OC. She tried everything she could to get some out here but never could. She had a Dr. back home who was prescribing her a ton of it. From the sounds of it she might have been sleeping with the Dr. in exchange for the prescriptions. We pushed her really hard on that fact but she never quite admitted it. I do know that her husband had a lot of money and he never once came to visit her. In fact, no one ever came to visit her. She wasn't quite satisfied with the living situation at the hospital so once she moved out of detox she moved into a nicer hotel that was close by and would come in the morning and leave late at night. I guess she had called the Dr. when she had run out of OC and he actually mailed her some prescriptions to fill but she was unable to fill them since they were from AZ. By this time it was getting pretty tough to fill OC's and an out of state script seemed a little fishy. I was surprised that she wasn't able to talk some pharmacist into doing it, she was hot and really flirty. The only thing I can think of is that it was plain old against the law. She Claimed that she told the Doc. in AZ that she was unable to fill them and he was sending her the pills themselves. So, in the meantime she was doctor shopping but all she could get was Lortab and Percocets. To an OC addict those go very fast. So she ran out had no package and started drinking heavily to try to get by. One night she ran her Lexus into a parked car and that was it. The next day after she got out the drunk tank she landed in HH. The first thing everyone has to do when they start group is write and autoboigraphy and read it aloud to the group. all this was included in her autobio plus a bunch of other shit. When she was done everyone called bullshit on her entire story. She took a lot of shit in group everyday. More than once she ran away in tears and said she was going home. I was always the one who would go get her. I told most that it was because I was the patient leader but I think I really had a crush on her. She was hot. She was in her early 40's, hot body, probably had fake tits, and she must have really worked out. I will admit that she was a little annoying and she loved it when I would come get her and tell her how much I liked her and beg her to come back because it was so much better when she was there. We shared the same drug of choice (OC)so we could talk about that. I understood what she was feeling. Pretty much everyone else couldn't stand her, she was annoying and they all thought she thought she was better than everyone else. No body believed much of her Autobiography either which was a really big deal in there. I did believe most of it, I just thought she left a lot of stuff out. Like that she was sleeping with the Dr. That would make a lot of the stuff much more believable. I will admit that the patients were not her type of croud. HH was a really blue collar type of place and most of Cindy's stories seemed condesending to everyone and they would take it personally. I didn't, I figured that was how she was used to living. Most of the guys would try to get some of the tough chicks, the RR chicks to kick her ass. They really just wanted a good cat fight and they were hoping cindy would get her shirt ripped off. Hammerin' Hank was always pushing for a fight and he was really rude to cindy which usually made me a little uncomfortable since I was one of only a few friends she had in HH.
One time she got to go bowling with us. The whole time she was kind of acting like a little kid, just like giddy and really annoying. Every time we would get in the van she would be really obnoxious and make sure that she was sitting by me and would kind of be touchy with me. I felt very uncomfortable. All these people knew my wife, knew I was staying married and were just kind of looking at me. I really didn't know what to do, but I know I really hated it. Once at the bowling alley she said she just wanted to watch and sat behind the group Jed and I were in and acted like a fucking cheerleader, so embarrasing, shit. I felt stupid looking the Recreational therapist in the eye during that bowling trip. She kept giving me these weird looks like "What the hell is going on? What are you doing?" I was pretty close to the therapist and she was cool and I really wanted her respect, so it was a hard day. I think Cindy told me the story of how her husband was entertaining some businessmen from Japan once and they told her how they had "played" bowling their first night in the U.S. fifty times. She went around telling everyone let's go "play" bowling, it got old real fast.
Cindy never did graduate. I guess she had to go home early. She left about a week before her graduation. Her kids had gone home about 3 weeks earlier and I think her husband only let her stay to tie up some loose ends that had to do with her arrest situation. Once that was somewhat handled she was gone. She left me her phone number and told me to call anytime and come visit and bring my family. I guess she had a huge house, but I never called. I got pretty sick of her too. I always wonder what happened to her though. She would always talk about how bad her marraige was. How her husband demanded she looked a certain way and acted a certain way. Maybe that is why she acted like such a dumb shit at HH, because her husband wasn't around. I couldn't imagine that marriage lasting too long. I think her husband was probably a real dink and she was a total mess. I bet she went straight to her Dr. friend the minute she got home. She would often tell me that she was really going to try to stay clean and fix her marriage but I think she had some real problems. Well atleast she didn't hook up with an 18 year old kid. Now that is problems. Maybe Nancy and Mick are still in love, I guess that is actually ok.
There are a bunch more people stories from HH but I think they might be getting a little boring so I am going to skip ahead to after I graduated.
Jed actually came out for my graduation and sure enough he was planning to stay at my house the next night. My wife wasn't happy but I explained to her that that is what we are supposed to do. Spend time with our new sober friends and build a new network of support. She liked Jed well enough so she okayed it. So that night he slept over. He was really surprised how nice my house was and how nice of stuff like cars and a boat we had. What he didn't realize is that it was almost all in foreclosure and over the next 6 months I would be losing all of it, including the house I had built. So the first night we just hung out a little and went to bed. The next day was weird seeing him out of the hospital. I didn't know what to do with him. I was still off work for a while so we just hung out, went to the gym and he tried to call Nancy and all the other girls he wanted to score with including Jen. He never could get a hold of Nancy so he called everyone else and asked if they had talked to her. No one had talked to her or Mick. that night we all got together at a friend from rehab's house. He lived about an hour and a half away. We all met there and then went, where else, bowling. About midnight I was like "well, I have got to go". That bummed Jed out, he wanted to stay late and talk and hang out. All we were doing was talking about the people who had already relapsed from our rehab. so I insisted that we leave. So dick head Jed told all the people in my area to come to my house. So at about 2 in the morning there is about 12 people at my house. Most of them were smokers, I make them smoke outside and we played cards until about 4 a.m. My wife was still pissed as hell. Needless to say that was Jed's last night staying at my house. I sent him to live with a guy who had gotten divorced. Jed was all mad because he was a tweaker and he was sure he had relapsed as well. I really didn't give a shit my wife had been through enough. I kind of faded away from that group, and eventually Jed left and they quit doing things socially. I would see some of them at meetings and that was perfect. Sometimes I would pick Jen up for meetings but that was about it.
Well I have go to go.
peace.
Tuesday, July 24, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment