I was going along buying 4 or 5 at a time. Sometimes when things were dry I would just take whatever was around. Lortab, Percocet, Morphine whatever. Problem is once you start on the Oxycontin train there is no replacement. The guys I was buying from were pretty low down on the totem pole. One of them, we'll call "Rocky", once had shoulder surgery. Now most normal guys would be satisfied with the shit the Dr. would give you. But not Rocky. He went straight to Mexico and made a large purchase. Stuffed it all if his cast and sling and tried to cross the border. He made it, but he said it was the most intense thing he had ever done. It is legal to go over the border and bring over two months worth back into the States. Atleast that what everyone in the game says. The problem is, you have to know someone in Mexico to get it done. You have to have a legal prescription from a doctor. Most of them have an office with a pharmacy in the same building, so obviously they charge a lot for the prescription and the medication. I knew one guy who made a living making runs across the border. He would load up his Mom and Dad and occasionally his wife and they would all get as many as they could. He would come home and sell them for top dollar. He was making a ton of money. However, he is now in prison for hiring someone to kill his wife that ended up being a police officer. I never said these guys were real smart. The fellow who went to Mexico with his family was named "RJ". He was making a lot of money on his little scheme. He was a real ugly, low down red neck kind of guy. The kind of guy that you really don't want to be associated with. Once he started making money he started throwing it around. He found a cute little wife and started a family. I guess he started beating her up and stuff and she finally left him. He was a real violent man, I knew he was scary. I had played high school football with him and I had a good idea what he was capable of. After his wife left he went off the deep end. At first he was trying to do anything to get her back. That wasn't happening. She had to get very rude and blunt with him to get him to back off. After that his love for her turned to rage and he was going to get her no matter what. I was totally disgusted that I had to deal with him at all, even worse I had to act like I liked him to try to get hooked up and for a decent price. He wasn't much of a deal maker. It was $80 for an 80 mg pill straight up. No deals, take it or leave it. People still went to him because he always had them. For me it was a last resort kind of thing. His front business was doing countertops on new homes. I did work for some of the same contractors as him so I would talk to him occasionally and get hooked sometimes. When I was desperate I would go to his house. That was torture because he would tell you his whole sob story about his broken heart and what a bitch his ex-wife was and how he would show her. He would always say "Dude, you need to come hang out here, this is the ultimate bachelor pad". Then he would call for the next three or four days to see if you were coming. Even if you did come, he didn't hood you up with OC's, that is why he still didn't have any friends. If he would have been generous he would have had people there 24/7. He is very greedy. One day I was out and none of my other guys were coming through so I gave RJ a call. He was all excited and said come on out, he was acting very strange. So I get to his house and he asks me how I would like to buy some 80's for $50 per. I knew something wasn't right. He then made it clear. He said "I just need a small favor". I said "well, what did you have in mind?" He went into his huge sob story about all the terrible things his ex had done to him. How she was turning his kids against him, on and on. Then he said "I need you to go to where my wife works and take this Tweak (crystal meth) and hide it in the back of her car. I will call the cops and make an anonymous tip about a major drug dealer". He had what time to do it, he had the keys to her car, he knew exactly what time she left for her break and that there would be a police officer close by. I mean he knew every detail. Now I was really jonesing and hurting physically, but all I could think about was that poor mom being separated from her kids. I could just picture her face when all of a sudden the police pulled out this huge bad of shit from the back of her car that she had no idea about. There wasn't a chance in hell I could do this. I told RJ that I would love to help him out, but I was going out of town and that is why I needed to get these pills right now. I bought some at the normal price and said that I would call him when I got back into town. If he hadn't found someone else I would help him out. He actually believed me, like it was no big deal.
About two weeks later RJ was in jail on an unrelated charge. He made friends with a shady inmate and asked him for a "favor". Once they were both out of jail the two of them made plans to meet at a motel room. Well this time RJ wasn't looking to just set her up, he wanted her dead. The inmates friend he was talking to was actually a police officer. RJ is still in state prison and will be for a long time. I guess they got him on a bunch of charges. The murder plot, drug possesion, drug solicitaion, weapon charges and parole violations like crazy.
It's kind of wierd how easy it would be to get mixed up in stuff like that. If I had been jonesing bad for a couple of days who knows what I would have done. Scary. I don't know how much trouble I would get into for opening a car and sticking a bag of drugs into a back pack but I don't want to ever find out.
this isn't the end of the "Crash and Burn" this all lead to when I ended up in my 2nd rehab. I will get into it more next time.
peace.
Tuesday, October 9, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment